Here is what I have learned from chapter 2 of the book Getting everything you can out of all you’ve got;
Most people think that success comes one small step at a time.
Well, that is a very harmful mindset.
This approach keeps you working harder and harder for your business, instead of getting your business to start working harder and harder for you.
There is a limit to how much you can work.
For example, starting a restaurant might look like a profitable business at first but when you are starting out and when you don’t have a lot of money at first, it is super hard to grow that business.
Because It is not scalable.( at least for you)
The people who are getting a lot of profit from these types of businesses are the ones who have a lot of capital.
They can hire people to work for them. They can sustain losses. They don’t need to rely on profits to expand their business.
So a business with limited scalability is just another job disguised as a business.
So what can you do?
Think about it logically. You can’t be a follower and expect to ever really become a leader in your field.
Even if you create the best grocery store in the world you can not hope to become the next walmart.
It just doesn’t work that way.
Instead, you need to see the overlooked opportunities that are all around you and act on the vast sums of untapped income and unclaimed success just waiting to be harnessed.
If you start focusing on other industries’ success practices, you can adapt these ideas to your own business situation.
You know, when I was a kid I felt really angry at Jack maa and Mark Zuckerberg for creating Alibaba or facebook.
Because there was nothing left for me to invent.
But now I have grown up a little bit and now I realize that I could not figure it out in a million years.
It’s because I only cared about making money, when they were looking for problems and ways to solve them.
Being opportunity focused
Major breakthroughs come from the correct mind-set.
People who make breakthroughs are always opportunity-focused.
We will never run out of problems to solve.
No matter how easy our lives get, it can get a little bit easier.
You are surrounded by simple, obvious solutions that can dramatically increase your income, power, influence and success. The problem is, you just don’t see them.
And the reason you don’t see them is because you don’t try to see them.
Always ask yourself “Where is the big overlooked opportunity here?”
It’s starting to see opportunities where everyone else see’s problems, obstacles or limitations.
It is recognizing how much more you can achieve by leveraging what is around you.
Major breakthroughs occur when you reach beyond the traditional way of doing something.
What is a breakthrough?
- In short, Breakthroughs are unconventionally fresh, superior, more exciting ways of doing something.
Breakthroughs are the dramatic improvements in each area that make you more powerful, efficient, effective, and productive, and more valuable or inspiring to your client.
- Breakthroughs make your marketing produce twice or three times the results from the same effort or less.
- Breakthroughs transform your product from a commodity into a prized proprietary item no one else can offer (or directly compete against).
You do not need to be Bill Gates or Steve Jobs to create breakthroughs.
Major breakthroughs are merely fresh new ways to do something.
For example, The design of roll on deodorants came from ball point pens.
Microwave cooking happened purely unintentionally in a radio-wave test laboratory when a scientist left his chocolate too close to the power source.
Will Parish, a former lawyer, and conservation specialist was well aware of rising energy costs and diminishing fossil fuel resources, as well as the enormous problems associated with waste disposal.
While in India, he ate a meal heated by flaming cow poop.
Parish formed National Energy Associates, which burns nine hundred tons of cow chips a day, producing enough megawatts to light twenty thousand American homes.
Your fundamental objectives.
So, here are things you need to do;
- Always discover what the hidden opportunity is in every situation.
- Build a business breakthrough foundation based upon multiple streams of idea generation instead of a single idea source.
- You need to always make your business, or your product special, unique, and more advantageous in your client’s eyes.
- The more value or wealth you can create for your client, the greater the power of that breakthrough. If you can solve a million-dollar problem you can earn a million dollars, and if you can solve a billion Doller problem you can earn a billion dollars.
- The best breakthroughs take away risk or resistance from the other side.
- Employ as many successful practices of others outside your field or industry by adopting or adapting their philosophies and methods to your business situation.
You need to reach out for ideas and answers.
Examine ideas, people, procedures, and philosophies from as far outside your normal sphere of business and life as you can possibly reach.
Develop a genuine interest, fascination, and curiosity for how other things outside your limited business world work and the principles they’re based upon.
Creativity is kind of like a mixture of different things.
So, Keep continual access to a flow of information that connects you to successful, creative breakthrough developments and achievements.
Whether you read books all day, or attend seminars or watch youtube.
Recognize how many people and organizations are driving their success and growth by coming up with new ideas, perspectives, and innovative techniques, and then acting on them.